Search squid archive

Re: Get calling User Details on server

05.07.2017 3:12, Muhammad Usman пишет:
Thanks again.
I have trying to setup hotspots and I want to pass all user traffic through the proxy server and inject ads (through injection of a JS script in html). I want to pass some parameters like AP MAC and Customer MAC as parameters to the JS script, in order to keep track at user level.
Can I achieve all this through Squid or do I need to add other software's as well.
Yes. It's possible.

Some part of solution:

http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Portal/Splash

and this:

http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/ICAP

However, content adaptation part is not so simple and can require some programming (up to C/C++ level), because of I don't know any ready-to-use and free solution to inject ads (Which is understandable, given that advertising is money).