Search squid archive

Re: How long this object should be left in the cache?

On 04/07/17 02:45, Eliezer Croitoru wrote:
Hey Amos,

 From what I remember there is an object for HEAD and GET responses.
I am talking only about the HEAD one.
Are you saying that there is no HEAD caching at all? Or that it depends on the GET one?

I'm not completely sure, but IIRC the HEAD response being expired already makes it not worth caching. Since in order to reply to even another HEAD request Squid would have to revalidate / fetch new headers.

Amos