Search squid archive

Re: Squid authentication problem (Amos Jeffries)

Hi,

Thanks for the links. So I tried what you suggested and for testing, I was using this simple config:-

http_port 8080
auth_param basic program /usr/lib/squid/basic_ncsa_auth /etc/squid/passwords
auth_param basic realm proxy
external_acl_type checkclient children-max=20 %MYADDR %LOGIN /usr/local/squidauth.py
acl authenticated external checkclient
http_access allow authenticated
cache deny all
forwarded_for delete
request_header_access Via deny all

I made sure that the squidauth.py file was executable and when debugging, I found that the helper processes were running. But nothing was getting passed to the helper processes. In the python code, I was running a loop which reads lines from the stdin and parses them and writes output to the stdout. I checked and it wasn't getting anything from stdin. (I added a line which reads the input line from stdin and sends it to another server through a http request to make sure if it was getting anything from stdin at all)

But, when I tried to use the proxy(and of course I was using a username and password that was stored in /etc/squid/passwords), I kept getting the error that authentication required, i.e. the server was sending back the header Proxy-Authenticate: Basic realm="proxy". I am not sure what I am doing wrong here.

With regards,
Sonya Roy