Search squid archive

Re: Introducing Charcoal - Centralised URL Filter for squid

Hi Benjamin,

On Wednesday 14 June 2017 08:22 PM, Benjamin E. Nichols wrote:
This sounds great, and would you mind specifying the source of the blacklist data at the core of your services?

In other words, what I dare ask you is this, and im sure others might want to know, are you using the blacklists from shalla, UT1, or urlblacklist? Or have you developed your own domain management technology?

Thanks for the kind words.

For the test run, we are using Shalla.

I understand that quality of blacklists matters. It is also possible to mix-match multiple blacklists and that should be the ideal scenario with most of the bases covered. And that depends on the user-base and the financial aspects of sourcing the blacklists.

Right now, our first priority is to fix a handful of bugs reported just after the announcement.

Thanks & Regards,
Nishant