Search squid archive

Re: clientside_mark

On 22/05/17 02:51, Ikari C wrote:
Hi, i'm new in maillist and in Squid configuration, I use Squid 3.5 version and i read about clientside_mark configuration, but i have a doubt, wich type of ACL is compatible with this option. I want to create a MARK by dstdomain ACL, and use TC configuration to set QOS, it is posible? or only works with SRC ALC type.

i want to do this in squid.conf:

acl aclname1 dstdomain url1
acl aclname2 dstdomain url2
clientside_mark 0x3 aclname1
clientside_mark 0x4 aclname2

the configuration on squid.conf is the default.

Any of the ACLs which work in http_access should work there too.

However, because HTTP contains message pipelines the arrival time of any given request may be significantly different from the response delivery time. i.e. there may be earlier requested responses using the connection between now (when the MARK gets set by the newly arrived request) and the response you were intending to mark. So it is best to only rely on TCP level things if you can.

Amos