Search squid archive

Re: Automatic redirect to https

On 09.05.17 16:57, Eliezer  Croitoru wrote:
Wouldn't it in any way smarter or faster if we do the redirect using the port 80 name acl compared to the protocol acl?

depends... "proto HTTP" applies on different ports while "port 80" not.

-----Original Message-----
From: squid-users [mailto:squid-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Amos Jeffries
Sent: Monday, May 8, 2017 4:44 PM
To: squid-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  Automatic redirect to https

On 08/05/17 22:55, Marc Werner wrote:
Hi folks,

I've set up an reverse proxy ("accel mode") using Squid Cache: Version
3.5.20 which works fine. It listens on port 443 speaking https to the
client and https with a self signed certificate to the server. I'm
happy with that.

Now I want to redirect every client which asks the proxy at port 80
using http to port 443 using https.

Using url_rewrite_program doesn't work for me, so I tried ACLs:

http_port 80 accel vhost
acl redir localport 80
http_access deny redir
deny_info 301:https://myfqdn.com/sub/ redir

Try with these instead:

 acl redir proto HTTP
 deny_info 301:https://%H%R redir
 http_access deny redir

--
Matus UHLAR - fantomas, uhlar@xxxxxxxxxxx ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
Christian Science Programming: "Let God Debug It!".