Search squid archive

Re: Tutorial for better authentication than basic

On 03/05/17 00:40, j m wrote:
Here's a question: if I use SSL or TLS encryption between squid and browser, would even the basic auth login be encrypted?

All of the HTTP going to the proxy would be encrypted.

I'm thinking that instead of trying to use the proxy to SSH through, I could use something like shellinabox over the proxy if the link is encrypted. This would be much easier and serve the purpose.

According to this link, it seems pretty straightforward to get Firefox or Chrome to do it: wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/HTTPS#Chrome <http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/HTTPS#Chrome>

Would the default config located at wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/ConfiguringSquid#Squid-3.5_default_config <http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/ConfiguringSquid#Squid-3.5_default_config> allow this?

The answer there depends on what the traffic is and what it needs from the proxy. Default config for Squid allows HTTP clients to use the proxy, that is all.

Amos