Search squid archive

Re: Unliked SSL cipher

On 20/04/17 03:44, dijxie@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Do you recieve the same error while connecting to https://www.wikipedia.org?

If you connect to https://91.198.174.192/* directly, your browser schould warn you about ssl issue; that is because of:

CN = *.wikipedia.org

SAN=
*.wikipedia.org
wikipedia.org
*.m.wikipedia.org
*.zero.wikipedia.org
wikimedia.org
*.wikimedia.org
*.m.wikimedia.org
*.planet.wikimedia.org
mediawiki.org

This certificate is not allowed to be used with IP address (which is common) and that is the issue I suppose. Certificate is V3 sha256, which is... perfectly normal.

Huh? With raw-IP there is no SNI, that is all. The TLS is not getting far enough for the HTTPS message inside the encryption to have any relevance to the TLS<->Host validation situation.

It is the server cipher being complained about. And with a particular "unknown" error rather than the more usual "none negotiable" we see a lot of when configs mis-match.

Amos