Search squid archive

Squid proxy with ssl-bump - unrecognized: 'ssl-bump' error

Dears,

Thanks for adding me to the list…

I would like to install squid proxy with SSL bump, I am working on my Virtual lab and once everything is ok I will Test it on the real network. I already created I directory for the cert and generated the cert as below:

#Generate Private Key

openssl genrsa -out MSY.com.private 2048

# Create Certificate Signing Request

openssl req -new -key MSY.com.private -out MSY.com.csr

# Sign Certificate

openssl x509 -req -days 3652 -in MSY.com.csr -signkey MSY.com.private -out

MSY.com.cert

# Generate certificate cache

/usr/lib64/squid/ssl_crtd -c -s /var/lib/ssl_db

# Change ownership of the certificate cache

chown squid: /var/lib/ssl_db

then I fill the info and put the 'Common Name' something other than the domain or server_name. in addition, please find the below lines from the squid configuration file:

# Squid listen Port

http_port 3128

ssl-bump generate-host-certificates=on dynamic_cert_mem_cache_size=4MB key=/etc/squid/MSY.com.private cert=/etc/squid/MSY.com.cert

# SSL Bump Config

always_direct allow all

ssl_bump server-first all

sslproxy_cert_error deny all

sslproxy_flags DONT_VERIFY_PEER

sslcrtd_program /usr/lib64/squid/ssl_crtd -s /var/lib/ssl_db -M 4MB sslcrtd_children 8 startup=1 idle=1

and it’s not working with SSL bump configuration, it work only when I remove the ssl bump configuration but for sure without ssl certificate.

also i check the journalctl -xe and found the below error:

/etc/squid/squid.conf:3 unrecognized: 'ssl-bump'

any ideas ?

Regards