From: squid-users [mailto:squid-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Waldon, Cooper
Sent: Tuesday, March 28, 2017 12:51 PM
To: squid-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Custom Error Messages

This sender failed our fraud detection checks and may not be who they appear to be. Learn about spoofing

Feedback

Hi All,

I’m attempting to make a custom error message when a page is blocked.  I found the example here:

http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/SquidAcl#I_want_to_customize.2C_or_make_my_own_error_messages.

But it’s not working for me.

My configuration looks like this:

acl test url_regex “/etc/squid/blacklists/test/domains”

deny_info block test

http_access deny test

The page is being blocked but I get an error message that says Internal Error: Missing Template block

I’ve tried changing the second line to be an absolute path but it doesn’t work.  I’m not sure what the default directory for the error messages is.  I did find another thread that mentions it should be in the …/error/templates/ folder but when I create that folder (i.e. /etc/squid/error/templates/) it still doesn’t work.

I installed squid from rpm in RedHat 7 so I’m not sure if the default paths are changed?

Thanks,

Cooper Waldon Network Engineer l OTN l 416-446-4110 x 4473 l www.otn.ca | Service Desk 1-855-654-0888 x2