Search squid archive

Data usage reported in log files

Hello all,

I'm analyzing my squid logs with sarg, and I see that the number of
bytes reported as used by any particular user are often nowhere
near the bytes reported by netflow and tcpdump.

I'm trying to trace my users' data usage by site, but I'm unable to
do so from the log files because of this.

Can someone please explain to me what I might be missing? Why does
squid log report one thing and netflow and tcpdump show something
else?

Thanks very much!

Yosi