Search squid archive

Re: Squid Memory Problems

On 11.01.17 18:20, Rahat Ali Khan wrote:
We are using Squid 3.5.14 on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS. The squid is using 4 worker process and is used as an explicit and intercept proxy.

We have been facing a problem of squid processes consuming the memory gradually and eventually it comes to a minimum threshold. The end user browsing experience becomes extremely slow at that time. Cache memory configured is 2 GB and total memory of squid machines is 8 and 16 GB on different boxes. The memory consumption graphs shows a gradual decrease in available physical RAM and we have to ultimately restart the squid boxed after 3-4 days.

I would like to note that squid does not use memory only for cache, but for
many different uses.

do you use shared memory cache?

--
Matus UHLAR - fantomas, uhlar@xxxxxxxxxxx ; http://www.fantomas.sk/