Search squid archive

Re: Is this proper usage of Squid?

Thanks Amos. Looks like we will be using eCAP.

One other possible scenario comes to mind -  I am not sure if this is feasible. When the block is via DNS (not IP, not all video streaming block), could we:

·         create CNAMEs for all vimeo domains involved in delivering video

·         serve the our modified player/resources from and pointing to these CNAMES

·         then route thru squid all the request and response traffic running eCAP on both headers and body, both ways

?

Thanks again

On 2017-01-08 10:59, Eddie B wrote:

> Can we accomplish the above using Squid?

A basic CDN / reverse-proxy setup does most of what you ask. You will

need to then throw in some content adaptation (ICAP or eCAP) to handle

URLs in the response HTML and any scripts.

Not knowing what the "firewalls" will trigger on may be a problem

though.

Amos