Search squid archive

Re: Intercept mode failing

On 2017-01-03 23:13, Hoggins! wrote:
Okay, I get that.

Le 03/01/2017 à 10:33, Antony Stone a écrit :
No - you must do the NAT (or REDIRECT) rule *on the Squid server*.

Well, my Squid server is not on the same network as my clients, so I
need something else than just a REDIRECT on the Squid itself.

That does not matter when the DNAT or REDIRECT is done on the Squid machine.

If you need to use policy routing to get the packets to the Squid machine in the first place, that's okay, but this *must* be packet routing, not address
translation

Policy routing was my first choice, but there is one important detail in
my setup : between my gateway (192.168.22.10) and my Squid
(192.168.55.3), there's an IPSec tunnel. My gateway does not have a
link-local route to 192.168.55.3 so I can't add the default route to it
inside a routing table (I get "Network is unreachable", which is expected).

So I guess I'm stuck.

So how did the packets get to the Squid machine after your DNAT ?

The route does not have to be link-local. Any type of route will do so long as all the routers handling the packets know which way to pass them, and the dst-IP address is not changed.

Amos