Search squid archive

Looking for additional information about securing squid

Hi all,

My background's in networking, I'm very new to unix/linux and server administration, I don't know a whole lot about security beyond ACLs and setting up crypto for VPNs. I'm setting up a box at home with CentOS and squid, among other features (I want this box to be a syslog server, etc).  At the moment I have no plan to run a web server, but I'm still concerned.  I know web servers are vulnerable to certain kinds of attacks, some of which could escalate user privileges or dump data people shouldn't have access to.  Is squid, as a proxy server, I'm vulnerable to some of these kinds of attacks?  I'll be limiting squid to only accept traffic from my LAN but you still never know.  A guest might use my network with an infected device, etc.

I've looked at the security FAQ on the squid wiki, and I tried to search the mailing list archive using the link at http://www.squid-cache.org/Support/mailing-lists.html, however I get a 404 error.  I downloaded the last 6 months worth of archives and searched for the word security, and I see references to SSL, TLS, bumping, etc.  I'm sure these conversations follow the requirements of people using squid at work but aside from one thread I don't see anything addressing my concerns, hence my post.

I suspect there's no more additional securing of squid I need to do - if there were I would've expected something to mention it in the FAQ - but I'd rather ask just in case.  Any thoughts/suggestions?

TIA