Search squid archive

Squid Configuration - IP Gateway Issue

Dears,

My name is Mohammed M AlJakri, from IT Advisory Department in Ernst and Young Company at Iraq.

I am newbie to Squid and I need your assistant to implement the Basic settings. The Squid server and the my laptop is connected to the home router. (Squid Config file is attached) The DHCP is the local router, the details are below:

172.16.10.1/16 (router and Gateway)

172.16.10.100-199 Range

172.16.10.3 (Squid server IP) is squid server should be the gateway?

after setting the proxy server in the browser-Proxy settings- (IP:172.16.10.3 , port 8888) I cant access internet but I still can ping 8.8.8.8 . also in tracert command, the first hop is the gateway/router (172.16.10.1)

sorry for delay, and hope you can assist me on this problem. However, I know that this problem is not simple for you but I am trying to make this works then I will go deeper in squid implementations.

Best Regards,

-

Mohammed AlJakri | Advisory Services

EY

Al-Mansour, Al-Amirat St., Baghdad/Erbil, Iraq

Mobile: +964 7704772882 | mohammed.aljakri@xxxxxxxxx

EY/Comm: 964 600

Website: http://www.ey.com

Read our points of view while on the go via the EY Insights mobile app.

___________________________________
The information contained in this communication is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others authorized to receive it. It may contain confidential or legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by responding to this email and then delete it from your system. EY is neither liable for the proper and complete transmission of the information contained in this communication nor for any delay in its receipt.
#
# Recommended minimum configuration:
#
# Example rule allowing access from your local networks.
# Adapt to list your (internal) IP networks from where browsing
# should be allowed
acl localnet src 10.0.0.0/8     # RFC1918 possible internal network
acl localnet src 172.16.0.0/12  # RFC1918 possible internal network
acl localnet src 192.168.0.0/16 # RFC1918 possible internal network
acl localnet src fc00::/7       # RFC 4193 local private network range
acl localnet src fe80::/10      # RFC 4291 link-local (directly plugged)     machines

acl SSL_ports port 443          #shttp
acl Safe_ports port 80          # http
acl Safe_ports port 21          # ftp
acl Safe_ports port 443         # https
acl Safe_ports port 70          # gopher
acl Safe_ports port 210         # wais
acl Safe_ports port 1025-65535  # unregistered ports
acl Safe_ports port 280         # http-mgmt
acl Safe_ports port 488         # gss-http
acl Safe_ports port 591         # filemaker
acl Safe_ports port 777         # multiling http
acl CONNECT method CONNECT

#
# Recommended minimum Access Permission configuration:
#
# Deny requests to certain unsafe ports
http_access deny !Safe_ports

# Deny CONNECT to other than secure SSL ports
http_access deny CONNECT !SSL_ports

# Only allow cachemgr access from localhost
http_access allow localhost manager
http_access deny manager
# We strongly recommend the following be uncommented to protect innocent
# web applications running on the proxy server who think the only
# one who can access services on "localhost" is a local user
#http_access deny to_localhost

#
# INSERT YOUR OWN RULE(S) HERE TO ALLOW ACCESS FROM YOUR CLIENTS
#

# Example rule allowing access from your local networks.
# Adapt localnet in the ACL section to list your (internal) IP networks
# from where browsing should be allowed
http_access allow localnet
http_access allow localhost
# And finally deny all other access to this proxy
http_access deny all

# Squid normally listens to port 3128
http_port 8888

# Uncomment and adjust the following to add a disk cache directory.
#cache_dir ufs /var/spool/squid 100 16 256

# Leave coredumps in the first cache dir
coredump_dir /var/spool/squid

#
# Add any of your own refresh_pattern entries above these.
#
refresh_pattern ^ftp:           1440    20%     10080
refresh_pattern ^gopher:        1440    0%      1440
refresh_pattern -i (/cgi-bin/|\?) 0     0%      0
refresh_pattern .               0       20%     4320