Search squid archive

FTP : Squid sending private IP in PASV response

Hello,

I have searched in maillist archives but have not seen so far someone with the

same problem.

My Squid's objective is to foward FTP & HTTP requests to a distant server.

Squid is running on CentOS 7.2.

uname -r : 3.10.0-327.28.3.el7.x86_64

squid -v : Version 3.5.20

I don't have the choice to use anything but Squid, and I can't use firewalling

rules for forwarding directly ports.

WAN_1stPublic_IP ----------------------------[FIREWALL_1] -----[FTP_SERVER]

WAN_2ndPublic_IP ---[FIREWALL_2]--[SQUID]-----[VPN]-----[FTP_SERVER]

Here's my problem :

When I'm connecting in FTP on the 2nd Public IP, everything is ok, but when I

want to switch to passive mode, Squid is sending his own private ip instead of

the 2nd public IP. So the connexion timed out.

ftp> open <WAN 2ndPublic IP>

Connected to <WAN 2ndPublic IP> (<WAN 2ndPublic IP>).

220 Service ready

Name (<WAN 2ndPublic IP>:<user>): <login>

---> USER <login>

331 Please specify the password.

Password:

---> PASS XXXX

230 Login successful.

---> SYST

215 UNIX Type: L8

Remote system type is UNIX.

Using binary mode to transfer files.

ftp> pwd

---> PWD

257 "/"

ftp> ls

---> PASV

227 Entering Passive Mode (<SQUID Private IP>,<port>).

ftp: connect: Connexion terminée par expiration du délai d'attente

Is there a way to "force" Squid to resend his public IP ?

I'm thinking of something like "pasv_address" option in vsftpd, but for squid.

Gaël Ancelin