Search squid archive

Re: ICAP question

On Sun, 2016-10-09 at 12:43 -0600, Alex Rousskov wrote:
On 10/09/2016 11:02 AM, James Lay wrote:

WARNING: Squid is configured to use ICAP method REQMOD for service icap://localhost:1344/srv_cfg_filter but OPTIONS response declares the methods are RESPMOD
If your srv_content_filtering.so service does not need to see HTTP requests, then you can remove srv_cfg_filter_req from your Squid configuration. If your srv_content_filtering.so service needs to see both HTTP requests and responses, then you have two options, in no particular order: A) Tell c-icap and/or srv_content_filtering.so to send a "Methods: REQMOD,RESPMOD" ICAP response header field in OPTIONS response. Sorry, I do not know how to do that in c-icap and even whether that is actually possible with that software. Please note that using one service URI for two modes is not uncommon in the ICAP world, but violates the following ICAP RFC 3507 MUST: Each service should have a distinct URI and support only one method in addition to OPTIONS B) Use different ICAP service URIs for different services (REQMOD and RESPMOD) and configure each service appropriately on both Squid and c-icap side. This is what RFC 3507 wants you to do. For example, some ICAP servers and services would allow you to use these URIs: * for REQMOD: icap://localhost:1344/srv_cfg_filter?mode=REQMOD * for RESPMOD: icap://localhost:1344/srv_cfg_filter?mode=RESPMOD IIRC, Squid will try to use your service in both modes despite that WARNING. However, I do not know whether c-icap and that service itself will be happy about receiving REQMOD requests. HTH, Alex.
Here's the icap snippet from squid.conf: icap_enable on icap_send_client_ip on icap_persistent_connections on icap_service srv_cfg_filter_req reqmod_precache icap://localhost:1344/srv_cfg_filter bypass=on adaptation_access srv_cfg_filter_req allow all icap_service srv_cfg_filter_resp respmod_precache icap://localhost:1344/srv_cfg_filter bypass=off adaptation_access srv_cfg_filter_resp allow all interesting c-icap.conf bits: ModulesDir /opt/icap/lib/c_icap ServicesDir /opt/icap/lib/c_icap acl localhost src 127.0.0.1/255.255.255.255 acl PERMIT_REQUESTS type REQMOD RESPMOD icap_access allow localhost PERMIT_REQUESTS icap_access deny all Include srv_content_filtering.conf lastly, srv_content_filtering.conf: Service srv_cfg_filter srv_content_filtering.so srv_content_filtering.Match default body /(test)/ig score=5 LogFormat mySrvContentFiltering "%tl, %>a %im %is %huo [Scores: %{srv_content_filtering:scores}Sa] [ActionFilter: %{srv_content_filtering:action_filter}Sa] [Action: %{srv_content_filtering:action}Sa]" not sure why I can't seem to get this to fly...any assistance would be appreciated...thank you.

Thank you Alex....I followed:

http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/ContentAdaptation/C-ICAP

As best I could, but it looks like that adapter needs something different.  I'll report my results here once I get it fixed.

James