Search squid archive

Re: Objects in cache that are not found don't seem to be removed from the internal index

Amos Jeffries wrote:
On 2/10/2016 8:29 p.m., Linda A. Walsh wrote:
I noticed a message like this in my cache.log:
2016/09/30 18:50:27 kid1| DiskThreadsDiskFile::openDone: (2) No such
file or directory
2016/09/30 18:50:27 kid1|     /var/cache/squid/1D/1C/0001D708

Always wonder why, but barring that, I found multiple statements like that
with the same file number.  I.e. after it has failed and knows it isn't
in the
cache -- why do I get more failures with it trying to fetch the same bad
file?

Unknown without a detailed log trace containing the full Squid
operations between the recorded lines.
---
I don't know the sequence of actions needed to reliably trigger the above, but the cache logs I have hand show counts of "1" for 99 of the "no such file"
errors, with the non-"1" counts being:
     2 /var/cache/squid/11/05/00011167
    12 /var/cache/squid/2C/34/0006CD0A
    33 /var/cache/squid/01/31/00001C56
    51 /var/cache/squid/25/06/000251AD
    71 /var/cache/squid/1D/1C/0001D708
In the oldest log rotated out on Sep 16, There are 6 with count 1, and 2 with
 1 counts:
     6 /var/cache/squid/1D/1C/0001D708
     7 /var/cache/squid/25/06/000251AD

In the large majority of cases, they are 1-time misses, but for some, like "/var/cache/squid/1D/1C/0001D708". I don't see any that have the two cache dirs as the 1st 2 digits -- I'd be surprised if it worked at all if that were the case -- maybe it isn't -- maybe I'm only getting memhits and the rest are hits that would have come from disk if the file was there? Which log would you want a detailed trace of... you talking debug level 9? Erk?...

Probably multiple objects using the same filename. That might also
explain why it is disappearing too (one got deeted, other entris not
aware of that). Although the filename does not start with 1D1C**** which
I would expect to see there given the path.

Amos