Search squid archive

Re: HTTPS issues with squidguard after upgrading from squid 2.7 to 3.5

On 06/15/2016 08:24 AM, reqman wrote:

I have been using squidGuard for 10+ years. Not the best one could
have, but I am accustomed to its use and idiosyncrasies. Furthermore,
it is package well supported on FreeBSD.

You are mentioning ufdbGuard. Are its lists free for government use?
If not, then I can not use it, since we have very strict purchasing
requirements, even if it costs $1. And of course, I would have to go
through evaluation, the usual learning curve etc.

ufdbGard is free software.
You can use it with any database you desire...  the free ones, your own or
a commercial one.

There is little learning curve since it is a fork of squidguard and there
is a Reference Manual and email support from URLfilterDB, even for those
who use a free database.

Marcus

Don't get me wrong here, I'm not saying no. I'm just saying that even
though it seems to be easy to say "yes", reality is much different.

M.-