Search squid archive

Re: Vary object loop returns

On 9/06/2016 7:00 a.m., Heiler Bemerguy wrote:

> Of course it would be nice if we could configure which Vary elements we
> wanna store/use. But I'm afraid store_miss won't do this.

Proxy does not get to pick and choose what algorithm the server already
used for producing the variant. Vary does not tell what field-values
were significant, only the header name.

It's like eugenics. Possible to round people up and kill off everyone
with a certain hair color. But you cant rewind time and make their
parents decide not to have children. Clear?

> With this conf you're not caching any object that has any Vary elements
> that's not "accept-encoding", right?

Correct.

Amos