Search squid archive

Re: Understand GOOGLEVIDEO Url from access.log

On 10/05/2016 8:58 p.m., alesironi wrote:

> I'm assuming then that there's no way to understand the content of the
> youtube video? Even if it's publicly available?

You misunderstand the scope of what is publicly visible.

The only thing that is publicly visible is the https:// URL.

Firstly, that is an HTML page. Not a video.

Secondly, even the bytes that make the page up are not publicly visible.

Those and everything it references are only privately visible. On 1:1
tunneled and encrypted connection(s) between the person viewing that URL
and one of Google servers.

Amos