Search squid archive

Never expire any object Squid configuration

Hi,

We have a Squid between our server application and openstack swift backend in accel/reverse mode with store-id configuraton (to strip temporary authentication URL-s). We want that any object that has been stored in squid cache is never again fetched from source and never again checked if it is fresh. Well, never in this case could be one year.

Relevant section from current configuration:

refresh_pattern -i ^https:\/\/AUTH_.*squid.internal.* 526000 100% 526000 override-expire ignore-reload ignore-no-store ignore-private store-stale max-stale=52

With this configuration, we still see lots of TCP_REFRESH_MODIFIED/200 TCP_REFRESH_UNMODIFIED/200 and TCP_REFRESH_UNMODIFIED/304 in logs.

How must Squid be configured to completely disable any refreshes? Those objects never change after they have been created and we only want them to be pushed out from cache by cache replacement policy.

I read from old post http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-dev/201108/0029.html that if client requests object without etag and server sends with etag, then Squid fetches object again. How to disable this?

Best regards,
Veiko