Search squid archive

Re: Stuggling with 3.5.16 on FreeBSD-9.3

On 18 April 2016 at 20:14, Nick Rogers <ncrogers@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Fri, Apr 15, 2016 at 8:45 AM, Odhiambo Washington <odhiambo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello Amos,

All noted.

Lemme consult with some FreeBSD guys on these .

As a FreeBSD user, here's my two cents.

You should be using the www/squid port.

If the port doesn't compile with the options you wish, open a problem report with FreeBSD and/or ask on the FreeBSD ports mailing list. The maintainer of the www/squid port is pretty responsive and helpful.

I don't have any issues with www/squid on FreeBSD 10.1-RELEASE.

That much I know, and love, but this box was running squid-2.7.9 for years and was in production servicing about 100 users. I wasn't going to do 'make install' from the port and cause disruption. Plus I came to realize only later that 3.2.16 was the www/squid.
For the record, I like playing with new software manually, compiling by hand and testing before deploying. That's why I was struggling with this 'by hand'. Also note that my FreeBSD version was 8.4 (EoL).

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,