Search squid archive

Re: substituing sniproxy for squid

Thanks

Well, I am now stuck with the Host header forgery detected
Which it means that client and squid resolve different IP (in my use case that is what I want).

I already have  host_verify_strict   disabled, but that is not enough.

Any advice? (Rather than do a patch and disable that verification? )

--
Luis Daniel Lucio Quiroz
CISSP, CISM, CISA

Need LCR? Check out LCR for FusionPBX with FreeSWITCH
Need Billing? Check out Billing for FusionPBX with FreeSWITCH

Thank you

I understand what you mean, but ssl/tls will warm the browser if something is modified.

Le 1 févr. 2016 7:08 AM, "Amos Jeffries" <squid3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
On 1/02/2016 11:35 a.m., Luis Daniel Lucio Quiroz wrote:
> Hello
>
> Can anyone give some clue, link something to read on how to do the HTTPs
> work with SNI, i just want to forward to the correct server based on the
> SNI. I want to get rid of SNIproxy in favor of squid.

That should be possible with Squid-3.5 or later by intercepting the port
443 traffic (*not* reverse-proxy / accel) and using:

 acl step1 at_step SslBumpStep1
 ssl_bump peek step1
 ssl_bump splice all

But be aware that SNI does not provide any guarantee of "correct
server". HTTP (even in its 'HTTPS' form) is a multiplexed messaging
protocol. When you do the above Squid will not be able to protect you
against any Host header attacks buried inside the TLS layer - not that
sniproxy does either (in fact sniproxy seems by design to actively
_enable_ those type of vulnerabilities).

Amos