Search squid archive

Re: Ignore "pragma:no-cache /cache-control:no-cache" header in HTTP request< config help>

Hi, Amos,
We are using forward tproxy . We used to redirect the packets coming  from client for port 80 to squid proxy server. Squid spoofs the request and establishes a connection with Server transparently. Please find the configuration below

Client --- > Squid proxy server --- > web Server

=====
http_port 3128
http_port 3129 tproxy
http_port 80 accel defaultsite=abcexample.com
refresh_pattern -i abcexample.com/* 600 0% 600 override-expire override-lastmod reload-into-ims ignore-reload
refresh_pattern -i abcexample2.com/* 600 0% 600 override-expire override-lastmod reload-into-ims ignore-reload
=====

Basically we want to increase the page load times by caching the images. Sometimes the specific client is triggering HTTP request with cache-control as no-cache. We want to mandate the packets coming from specific client to be cached in squid to increase the page load times .  In order to avoid serving the stale content we have configured a refresh pattern.

- Cross

On Sat, Feb 27, 2016 at 1:39 PM, Amos Jeffries <squid3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 28/02/2016 6:46 a.m., Yuri Voinov wrote:

> request_header_accesss cache-control deny all
>
> and
>
> acl specified_clients src 192.168.100.1 192.168.100.2
> request_header_accesss cache-control deny specified_clients

All tht directive controls is what Squid *outputs* to server on its own
upstream requests. It wont help for this question.

> 27.02.16 23:42, Anonymous cross пишет:
>>
>> Hi, All,
>> I want squid to ignore "pragma:no-cache/cache-control:no-cache" header
> in HTTP client request. Is there any configuration available in squid to
> achieve this?

Why?

What type of proxy are you running forward/explicit, intercept/tproxy,
or reverse/CDN ?

What does your squid.conf contain?

>> Also i want to ignore cache control header only for specific URL's? Is
> there any way in squid to achieve this?

The client is *demanding* that you dont use stale outdated cache
content. There is usually a good reason for that demand not being a
polite request. So please answer the Qs above.

Amos

Regards,
Anonymous cross.