Search squid archive

Queries on safe_ports

Hi All,

I have basic queries on an usage of safe and SSL_ports in squid.

Since squid proxies only HTTP packets then why do we need to add different protocols in safe ports?

Our box is configured to redirect only port 80 packets to 3129? Do we need to have safe and SSL ports in such a case?

I am trying to understand the need for safe ports in SQUID proxy. Because I don't see any use-case for this.

- Kay