Search squid archive

Re: problem with squidGuard redirect page after upgrading squid

On 12/28/2015 08:46 PM, George Hollingshead wrote:
I've had squid3.0 running with squidGuard on my old ubuntu 10.04 system with no problems for a few months now.

I just recently was enlightened by Yuri how to compile using a local copy of openssl so i could upgrade to latest squid.  This was a success.  Thanx again Yuri :)

Only problem now is when squidGuard goes to redirect a blocked page it comes up with something like   URL /block.html192.168.2.20 192.168.2.20/GET <http://192.168.2.20/GET> page not found.

the local net address their is the computer that is being blocked.

Like i said earlier, this all worked before redirecting to http://localhost/block.html when needed, but since i upgraded squid from ubuntu's 3.0  to a compiled 3.5 i get this responce.

Any ideas as i'm not sure if squidGuard is been updated in 6 years.  i realize this is a squid mailing list, but i could use some info if anyone has experienced this or has insight!

Thanx guys

You can use ufdbGuard instead of squidGuard.
ufdbGuard is Open Source and updated regularly.
If you do not use ssl-bump, ufdbGuard 1.31 works fine.
If you need ssl-bump, you have to wait for ufdbGuard 1.32 which is expected to be released in February 2016.

Marcus