Search squid archive

Looking for ideas on how to use squid in order to protect against a DOS\DDOS.

I was wondering if someone have a nice idea on how to use squid to protect against DOS\DDOS http\https attacks.

The basic way I was thinking is rate limiting by counting the client IP page HITs but I am unsure about it since it can actually catch the good guys and bite my squid setup.

The other way I was thinking was some kind of a challenge like a captcha page.

Also I have seen something like JavaScript browser challenge being used.

What do you think would be the right choice?

If you have another idea please send me or the list an email.

Thanks,
Eliezer