Search squid archive

decreased requests per second with big file size

Hi,

I am using below setup:
Squid proxy 3.5.4.
CentOS 7.1

I am trying to analyze the most used websites by the users via Squid proxy. I just require the first GET request for that particular browsed page page & not the proceeding GETs of that same page.

Eg:
1) user enters http://google.com in client (mozilla)
2) client gets page containing some other urls
3) client initiates multiple GETs for same requested page without users knowledge

I myself tried a logic where I assumed if "Referer" header is present, then its not the first GET but a proceeding one for same requested page.

I know i cant rely on "Referer" header to be always present as its not mandatory. But
I want to know if my logic is correct? & also if there's any alternative solution?