Search squid archive

Re: stoping after rotate

On 09/08/2015 10:39 AM, Jorgeley Junior wrote:
I have 8GB physical memory and my swap is 32GB.
I didn't increase the swap yet, should I?

You must start with reading the memory FAQ: http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/SquidMemory

The general rule for all processes applies: make sure that a process is *not* larger than 80% of the physical memory.
In your case, you must reduce cache_mem and make sure that Squid does not use more than 6 GB.

A swap of 32 GB is fine for a system with 8 GB physical memory.

I also suggest to consider a memory upgrade.

Marcus