Search squid archive

Squid reverse proxy in http > https mode

Hi

I'm trying to get most optimized solution for caching objects of cloud storage.

The data flow I'd like to achieve is: http client <http> squid reverse mode cache <https> remote https storage server

Common scenarios/examples of accel mode http(s) port include opposite direction of traffic encryption/decryption, client connecting via https and backend servers (cache_peer) being http. In my case client connects via localhost and to reduce cpu load, I'd like to have this connection without encryption and start encryption only when data leaves local squid to parent cache_peer, because this remote server speaks https only.

Is this possible with squid?

Another related question is: when cache_peer hostname is dns name that resolves into multiple ip addresses, then how does squid act? Does it resolve it once and use first ip addres or all addresses in round robin, or does it resolve every time cache_peer is accessed? What happens if one of the addresses is not accessible? I have checked documentation but did not find any explanation on that topic.

Best regards
Veiko