Search squid archive

Re: ISSUE accssing content

Any one ?? !!!!

On 25 July 2015 at 11:14, Jagannath Naidu <jagannath.naidu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks mike.
But I think Amos is right.

On 25 July 2015 at 00:27, Mike <mcsnv96@xxxxxxx> wrote:
I see a few issues.

1. The report from the log shows a 192.168.*.* address, common LAN IP

The ip 192.168.122.1 is the ip address of  virtual interface (acts as a default gateway for Virtual machines). I did NATing using iptables.

Then in the squid.conf:
2. You have wvdial destination as 10.1.*.* addresses, which is a completely different internal network.
Typically there will be no internal routing or communication from a 192.168..*.* address to/from a 10.*.*.* address without a custom routing server with 2 network connections, one from each IP set and to act as the DNS intermediary for routing. Otherwise for network/internet connections, the computer/browser sees its own IP as local network, and everything else including 10.*.*.* as an external address out on the internet. I would suggest getting both the browsing computer and the server on the same IP subset, as in 192.168.122.x or 10.1.4.x, otherwise these issues are likely to continue.

I have two squid servers.
1. squid 3.1 on physical server
2. squid 3.3 on VM hosted by 1

Same logs. No different results.

So when the client requests 8080 . 3.1 serves. When the client requests 3128 3.3 serves.
This application behavior is same for both.

3. Next in the squid.conf is http_port which should be port number only, no IP address, especially 0.0.0.0 which can cause conflicts with squid 3.x versions. Best bet is use just port only, as in: "http_port 3128" or in your case "http_port 8080", which is the port (with server IP found in ifconfig) the browser will use to connect through the squid server.

I tried your suggestion. But not worked. Same results :-(

4. The bypass local network means any IP connection attempt to a local network IP will not use the proxy. This goes back to the 2 different IP subsets. One option is to enter a proxy exception as 10.*.*.* (if the websense server is using 10.x.x.x IP address).

I was thinking, what would websense have deployed.

@amos, mike: Can we overwrite wpad of a client using squid server or any means automatically ?????

Mike

Jagannath Naidu

--