Search squid archive

Re: Novice question on TPROXY and SSL-BUMP behavior

On 21/05/2015 2:42 a.m., Nick Belnap wrote:
> I've been tasked with preventing a client's users from accessing
consumer Gmail accounts while only accessing their corporate Google Apps
accounts. Google gives an overview here:
https://support.google.com/a/answer/1668854?hl=en.

<snip>

> Being a novice at Squid and iptables I've done a lot of Googling to get this far but have hit the wall I think with this problem.  Can anyone see why the ssl-bump might not be working for tproxy connections?
>
> What am I missing?

Same thing everyone seems to be missing with SSL-Bump. The fact that TCP
packet headers dont contain a domain name. Only the IP:port the TCP
connection is going to.

So the "Google" dstdomain ACL does not work on the fake CONNECT request
Squid generates from the IP:port details.

Replace these:
  acl Google dstdomain .google.com
  ssl_bump server-first Google

With these (in this specific order):
 acl GoogleBump ssl::server_name .google.com .gmail.com
 ssl_bump peek all
 ssl_bump bump GoogleBump
 ssl_bump splice all

Amos