Search squid archive

SSL Peak and Splice

Hi,
I've been trying to figure out how to do some web filtering on HTTPs, with no really good options given the layout I have. But then I just happened to see this feature for Squid 3.5, and was wondering if I'm understanding it correctly.

With the Peak and Splice feature, is it possible to run squid in a transparent mode for SSL, and check for certain host and either deny the connection all together or allow the connection without further interference from Squid? Would this be completely transparent without adding a trusted certificate from the proxy server to all user devices?

Thank You