Search squid archive

Re: how to achieve squid to handle 2000 concurrent connections?

On 4/05/2015 10:37 p.m., Abdelouahed Haitoute wrote:
> Hello Amos,
>
> Could you by the way explain to me what TCP_MISS_ABORTED means in the squid log?

It means the client request needed Squid to contact a server (cache
MISS). The client then disconnected (ABORTED) before the answer could be
sent back to it.

> Its not clear for me what the source of the problem is: client or (squid)server?

The important details that add to the above are the time the transaction
lasted (62854ms / 62.9 sec), bytes transferred (0 / none), and that a
server (192.168.0.20) was contacted.

So it seems that somewhere on the server connection things are being
hung. The client is just giving up on waiting.

Amos