Search squid archive

Cache strategy advice

I am building a small embedded squid box.

It has 4GB of ram, dual core CPU, and a 32GB SSD.

Since I'm running a tiny embedded linux distro (openwrt) most of those resources are available; I'm only using about 1MB of RAM and about 300MB of the SSD.

My incoming internet service is 30 to 60 Mb/sec.

My goals:

Maximize throughput (I don't want squid to slow down the connection)
Minimize wear on the SSD

I am planning to set up two workers but beyond that I'm not really how to effectively use what I have.

Any thoughts and advice would be greatly appreciated.