Search squid archive

Re: squid just stopping

On 21/03/2015 4:54 a.m., Ian Harper wrote:
> I have squid running ok on one machine doing basic forwarding but when I
> try to add a setting for url redirection it just stops with no errors.
>
> I cloned the machine and owrked on the url redirection and eventually
> settled on squirm and got it working, when I went back to the original
> machine to try it again it did the same.
>
> When I try to run it maunally on different port etc using a different
> config file on either machine it does the same.
>
> Below is the log output

No that was *not* the log output produced by -X up until the point where
cache.log was created. There is a cache.log file also produced with the
rest of the activity and probably the fault details.

> and this is the contents on the squid.conf-2 file

Apart from the fact that "redirect_children" no longer exists. (Use
url_rewrite_children instead.). Your config looks okay.

Amos