Search squid archive

Re: squid "internal?" loop - with no firewall nat going on..?

hmm..

I'm trying to follow this on a test client (haven't gotten it working yet):
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Intercept/IptablesPolicyRoute (where squid is amongst the internal clients - actually on it's own vlan - but it's not the default route)

but this won't work:
ip route add default via 10.47.18.181 dev eth0 table 201
RTNETLINK answers: No such process

which seems to be because this way of routing will only work if the squid box is on the same network as the clients.. :(

I would like to have the squid box on it's own vlan.. (and ip-segment).. do I need to setup some tunneling, or perhaps tproxy can be used..

I was hoping I could simply direct packages to squid (doing NAT on clients) - and squid would get hostname and other details from data.. as accel mode does :(