Search squid archive

Re: squid "internal?" loop - with no firewall nat going on..?

hmm..

I've read the config examples..

I would very much like to understand how/why it works, if I've setup a client to route package to squid (instead of trying to send directly)..

I'm trying to follow this on a test client (haven't gotten it working yet):
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Intercept/IptablesPolicyRoute (where squid is amongst the internal clients - actually on it's own vlan - but it's not the default route)

meanwhile I tried pointing to the haproxy - which then forwards requests in tcp mode, to squid server port 3129.

If I just send to haproxy directly, I get the loop and this in the accesslog: 1425998994.271 0 10.43.18.165 TCP_MISS_ABORTED/000 0 GET http://www.bt.dk/ - ORIGINAL_DST/10.43.18.165 -

when doing:
curl -H "Host: www.bt.dk" http://proxy-haproxy-ip/

10.43.18.165 is the ip of squid server behind haproxy.