Search squid archive

Re: Memory Leak Squid 3.4.9 on FreeBSD 10.0 x64

Hi.

On 09.01.2015 06:12, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> Grand total:
>   => 9.5 GB of RAM just for Squid.
>
> .. then there is whatever memory the helper programs, other software
> on the server and operating system all need.

I'm now also having a strong impression that squid is leaking memory.
Now, when 3.4.x is able to handle hundreds of users during several hours
I notice that it's memory usage is constantly increasing. My patience
always ends at the point of 1.5 Gigs memory usage, where server memory
starts to be exhausted (squid is running with lots of other stuff) and I
restart it. This is happening on exactly the same config the 3.3.13 was
running, so ... I have cache_mem set to 512 megs, diskd, medium sized
cache_dir and lots of users. Is something changed drastically in 3.4.x
comparing to the 3.3.13, or is it, as it seems, a memory leak ?

Thanks.
Eugene.