Search squid archive

Question about squid 3.5.x and SSL

I was reading through the release notes for squid 3.5, and in section 2.4 regarding HTTPS, it mentions "When Squid is built with the GnuTLS encryption library the tool is able to open TLS (or SSL/3.0) connections to servers", and the wording makes me think that when openssl is in use, squid cannot open TLS/SSL connections to servers...

So my question is if it will still properly able to open TLS/SSL connections to server when openssl is in use (like we currently are using with 3.4.6 and ssl_bump)? Or is gnutls recommended for use with squid 3.5.x (despite its massive bugs and vulnerabilities compared to openssl)?

and my last question, regarding squid usage by people on HTTPS websites, what are some primary differences of using gnutls versus openssl?

Thanks!
Mike