Search squid archive

Re: Re: access denied

On 2014-07-04 15:19, winetbox wrote:
This is because of the fix for CVE-2009-0801. NAT on a separate machine
has never actually worked properly even in 2.7. The fix we have in
current Squid involves verifying the TCP destination IP, which also
enforces that NAT is performed on the Squid machine instead of remotely.
You need to use policy routing or similar mechanisms on the router to
get the packets to the Squid machine unchanged for interception to work.

Amos

on the contrary, my setup was working perfectly on those versions, because
i'm not using the same machine for NAT routing. for routing, i leave
everything on mikrotik, what squid do is only accept redirected request from
mikrotik.

TCP connections arriving at Squid had corrupted destination IP address due to NAT changes on the microtik. Old squid used to *guess* the destination based on Host: header in the HTTP request. This was proven to be a mistake (see CVE details) and current versions use the original dst IP (http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/client_dst_passthru/).

Amos