Search squid archive

redirector/rewriter help

I'm using squid 3.1.20 on Debian.  Trying to figure out what I need to do to cache redirected content.  For example, I'm trying to download a file with a generic URL.  The download site redirects (302) the generic URL to one of its various mirrors.  Problem is each time I hit that URL with a different client, it's a different download because the mirror site changes.

How do I configure squid to cache the downloaded file based on the generic URL rather than on the redirected URL?  Thanks for any pointers to any relevant resources.