Search squid archive

Re: Install Godaddy certificate on squid to use ssl-bumping functionnality

On 28/05/14 03:43, Amos Jeffries wrote:
On 28/05/2014 8:19 a.m., Antoine Klein wrote:
I want to bump ssl connections, but without produce a warning of course.

I read it is possible to generate a request of certification with a
key and send this file to an authority to sign it, do you know that ?
Having your cert signed by a widely trusted certificate authority is one
thing, and the basis of how TLS/SSL works.

SSL-bump cannot be used with that type of key for the reasons Alex
already mentioned. He also mentioned the steps you have to take instead
to get it going.

Amos

Hi Antoine,

You need to be a CA, ie have the CA private key, to be able to do this. If you are in control of the clients and know how to use OpenSsl to create a CA you can do this without paying any money to anyone. You simply create the CA and use it and its private key in your ssl-bump configuration.

http_port 3128 sslBump generate-host-certificates=on dynamic_cert_mem_cache_size=4MB cert=/etc/squid3/ssl_cert/proxy.pem

proxy.pem is your private key and CA certificate concatenated.

sslcrtd_program /usr/lib/squid3/ssl_crtd -s /var/lib/ssl_db -M 4MB

The above line configures the crtd helpers that actually generate the certs for the requests, see http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/DynamicSslCert

Cheers

Alex