Search squid archive

Re: Can squid do this?

On 2014-04-01 10:07, Amos Jeffries wrote:
On 2014-04-01 09:44, dottest37 wrote:
Im reselling a service from a website with this URL
https://gui.vendor.com/produc1/admin (thats an example).
I need to publish an URL to my customers that doesn’t show that URL, but
show mine instead, something like this
https://gui.mycompany.com/product1/admin .
I tried doing a redirect, but the Vendor’s server keeps publishing their URL
as soon as the request gets there.

I was wondering, if I could run Squid on my side, and tell my customers to connect to https://mycompany.com/product1/admin , when the request reaches me, then the request gets rewritten so the vendor sees my Squid sending the HTTP Host with “gui.vendor.com” but the customer keeps talking to the squid
server using the HTTP Host “gui.mycompany.com”
Am I explaining this right? Does anybody knows if Squid can do something
like this?

Simple reverse proxy...
 http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Reverse/VirtualHosting

Also add "forceddomain=gui.vendor.com ssl" options to the cache_peer
line to make the domain name sent to the origin servier be their
domain and use HTTPS with the peer respectively.

Amos

Forgot to link this which you may need to know for the HTTPS / SSL setup:
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Reverse/SslWithWildcardCertifiate

Amos