Search squid archive

Re: Squid wont work when removing DG

On 2014-01-22 03:14, Scott Mayo wrote:
I have run a DG/Squid setup for quite some time.  I am having problems
with slowness.  It seems DG has too many processes open.  I wanted to
test this to remove DG from the mix.

DG listens on 8080 and Squid on 3128. I have it set to authenticate users.

Since I wanted to test I did the following:
1.  Edited squid.conf to listen on 8080
2.  Stopped DG
3.  Restarted squid 'squid -k reconfigure'

After that did not work I even set squid.conf back to listening to
port 3128 and had my test client proxy settings changed to 3128
instead of 8080.  I even cleared my squid cache out.

It sounds like you have access control problems. When removing DG you also need to make Squid do whatever controls DG was doing (or ensure omitted rules were not actually needed for connectivity), and remove anything in squid.conf which was specifically for DG (such as only allowing traffic from the IP address used by DG).

Perhapse if you would share your squid.conf we could be a bit more helpful.

Amos