Search squid archive

Re: offline working

OK this is a nice feature!!
I would not try to just allow it on any production system.

Take in account that a cache has a limit of time which it can store the data.
Squid suppose to hold maximum 365 days a cache entry without revalidation.

In a case there are specific sites which you want to "download" which is kind of a good thing to do, you can try to use tools such as wget, httrack or maybe other tools that copy a webpage\website while crawling in it. Some CDN networks do use this feature and allow the user to access content while it is better to serve it from a near web-service rather then the other side of the world. Note that it should not disable the revalidation completely since there are cases which a revalidation is a "must" like for some medical and pharmacy institutions.

Eliezer

On 18/01/14 11:35, Francesco Chemolli wrote:
On 17 Jan 2014, at 22:34, jamie<jamiehibbard@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

>For example I look at Wikipedia pages. I just want to continue re browsing
>those pages. Etc

http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/offline_mode/

	Kinkie