Search squid archive

Auth loop for non ActiveDirectory members

Hello together,

I'm new on this list therefore I want to introduce myself shortly. My Name is Christian and I'm working in a IT department. Currently I'm setting up a squid3 (3.1.20-2.2) proxy connected with the MS ActiveDirectory. Kerberos, NTLM and Basic authentication are already working fine.

Now I've problems to set up the acls. Computer and users which are member of the domain have no problems to authenticate. But when I use a computer, which is not part of the ActiveDirectory the auth dialog pops up again and again. I've tried it with firefox, internet explorer and google chrome. With firefox I've to type in the credentials for every request. For google.com it means 10 times or so. With IE and Google Chrome the user can't authenticate even if the credentials are correct.

Concerning the acls I use the following:

  # Authentication required, otherwise Pop-Up
  acl Authenticated_Users proxy_auth REQUIRED
  http_access deny !Authenticated_Users

  acl Internet_Users external ldap_group Internet_Users
  http_access allow Internet_Users

  http_access deny all

Under http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/Authentication I've read the part about auth loops. But I'm not sure if I've understood them correctly. My understanding is that an acl which based on proxy_auth, proxyauth_regex, or an external using %LOGIN shouldn't be the last entry in http_access like I've done it above. But then the following example should be correct:

  acl Authenticated_Users proxy_auth REQUIRED
  acl dummy_acl src 254.254.254.254/32

  http_access deny !Authenticated_Users dummy_acl
  http_access allow Authenticated_Users all

  http_access deny all

Is there anything other that I'm doing wrong? I am grateful for any help.