Search squid archive

Re: Zeroed SNMP statistic after reload

On 1/11/2013 9:32 p.m., Kirill Kamyshnikov wrote:
I experiment with use SNMP for limited client traffic in real time.
I have problem with zeroed values SNMP after /etc/init.d/squid3 -k
reload (time to time). Before reload I do "/usr/sbin/squid -k check"
and do not have any errors or warnings.
I understood command "restart" does zeroed values SNMP, but "reload"
does not. In what case SNMP statistic will be cleaned after reload?

Depends on the OID. If the detail it is reporting was tied to some configuration structures which changed or got disabled for the reconfigure then it would show up as a new value.

---
SQUID 3.1.8
Linux Debian 7.2

Please consider updating your server. Debian 7.2 comes with Squid version 3.1.20. If possible you should consider updating further to the 3.3 version package in Debian Testing repository.

Amos